JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
About Still A Mum
Still A Mum is a registered non-profit Trust in Kenya. Our vision is to create an Africa with lower child deaths and a society where bereaved parents receive outstanding support. Since 2015, we have support almost 1000 moms and dads who have lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss.
Still A Mum seeks to fill the position of Program Coordinator:
The Program Coordinator role involves planning and coordinating our programs, including fundraising and partnerships, budgeting, and community outreach. He/she will develop and implement programs that align with our mission and support our organization’s goals. Create program materials, establish staffing requirements, and ensure that program achieves stated objectives. Will be responsible for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community.
As a part of the Still A Mum team, the Program Coordinator will display compassion, sensitivity and flexibility in working with bereaved parents within the programs. This work is creative, fulfilling and challenging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the Strategic Plan that incorporates a range of strategies including annual appeals, major donors, grants, corporate and individual appeals, social media and special events.
- Plan the support forums – communicate with parents, arrange support group meetings and liaise with the lead counselor to ensure parents in need of help receive it in a timely manner.
- Event planning and execution: Work with the events committees and director in establishing and adhering to event budget, assist with event preparation, and attend events to assist in set up, implementation, and clean up.
- Assist with the production and implementation of appeal campaigns and other fundraising communications and strategies.
- Coordinate social media outputs including event outreach and visibility strategy. Assist in managing the Still A Mum website as well as sending periodic newsletters to stakeholders.
- Assist in grant research and tracking.
- Perform administrative duties as needed including filing, copying, sorting, mailing, etc.
- Record donations on an ongoing basis in the donor database, and generate acknowledgments and thank you letters. Design and run reports and assist with CRP maintenance.
- Attend networking events and meeting with the Executive Director to increase professional network, refine relationship management skills, and enhance Still A Mum’s outreach and capacity.
- Other duties upon request.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- At least 1 year experience in running programs, administration or customer service related jobs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of communication strategies, principles and practices. This position will also need you to be outgoing and a people person.
- Knowledge and experience with data entry systems and reporting.
- Knowledge of social media tools: Facebook, Twitter, Knowledge of website management.
- Interest and desire to learn how to become an impactful development professional
- Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with graphic design a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through with minimal direction.
- Attention to detail, project management skills, and being highly organized a must.
- Flexibility in varied job assignments.
- Willingness to pitch in when/where needed.
- Upbeat, positive attitude and good sense of humor a plus.
- An understanding of and belief in, the mission of Still A Mum
- Ability to work with compassion and patience with bereaved parents.
Send your resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th August 2018
Please put “Program Coordinator ” in the subject line of the email
Attachments must be in .doc or .pdf format; Do not include resume in the body of your email