At the beginning of February 2019, we opened the Still A Mum Wellness Center which we started to put together at the beginning of the year. This Center is in efforts to expand our work of supporting families who have lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death. The new center will enable us to offer dedicated counseling throughout the week and even on weekends. In the past, individual counseling could only be done on Fridays and support group sessions on Saturdays due to space constraints. This beautiful Wellness Center is in partnership with the Facebook Community Leadership Program and is located at Office C2, Branton Court on Ndemi Lane off Ngong Road.
Counseling can be inaccessible financially for many people with sessions in Kenya ranging from 4,000 to 10,000 per session.. And that is why we are opening our doors to offer these services at an affordable price. These are our rates:
– Support groups are Sh. 500 per session
– Individual sessions are Sh. 2000 per session – Sh. 3500 for couple sessions
– Child/adolescent counseling – Sh. 1000 per session
Being passionate about families, these are the services we will be offering and the days and times dedicated to them:
- Child loss support
Losing a baby is the most devastating experience a parent can have. Parents who have lost a baby at whatever age need all the support they can get.
Physical Support Groups
Saturdays (9am to 12pm and 2pm to 5pm)
Wednesdays (11am to 2pm and 4pm to 7pm)
Mondays, Thursdays & Fridays (Time: 8am to 5pm)
- Loss and Grief Counseling
This caters to those who have faced loss through different forms right from death of a loved one, divorce, employment, property or a relationship.
Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays
8.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Child and adolescent Counseling
Children need help navigating life and dealing with loss of a loved one, bullying, identity crisis among other common issues.
8.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Postpartum Depression
1 in 7 women suffer postpartum depression. These women can benefit from coming together and finding healing together.
Physical Support Group
3.00 pm to 5.30 pm
- Virtual Counseling Platforms
Still A Mum will continue to offer virtual counseling to the families handling loss of a child that live outside Nairobi. This will be done through phone counseling, WhatsApp Support Groups and chatting on social media platforms.
- Additional Services
Still A Mum will also offer other services to the community such as:
- Training the Community on the basics of handling loss and grief and how to support those who are grieving.
- Training health practitioners on Respectful Bereavement Care to patients going through loss.
- Training Counselors on the basics of grief and bereavement therapy and psychological debriefing during loss.
- The Mama Zawadi Initiative that seeks to educate pregnant women, new mums and their partners on the basics of pregnancy, labor & delivery and postpartum care.
Further we have extended our communication lines by adding 2 additional phone numbers. To make the center easier to manage these are the phone numbers:
Admin matters: +254 743 708 336
Counseling related matters: +254 719 629 787 or +254 787 331 353